Advokids recognizes the critical role of Court Appointed Special Advocates in California’s juvenile dependency system. We offer legal and multi-disciplinary trainings for CASA volunteers which explain the Federal and state laws that guide the juvenile court in their decision making along with state child welfare regulations and policies. Our curriculum incorporates childhood mental health research and trauma informed child advocacy tools.
Please contact our office if you are interested in scheduling a training in your county. Call 1.415.924.0587 or contact us here at Advokids.
- Court Access
- Juvenile Court Process
- For Foster Youth
- Information For Caregivers
- Information for Relatives
- Sibling Information
- De Facto Parent Information
- Prospective Adoptive Parent
- Request to Change Court Order
- Childhood Mental Health
- Placement and Permanency Planning
- The Sibling Bond
- Team Decision Making (TDM)
- Trauma Informed Practice
- Reporting and Information Sharing
- Requesting a Grievance Review Hearing
- Protection of the Child Through Juvenile Court
- The critical first 60 days
- Placement issues at detention, disposition, and review hearings; paternity, ICWA, siblings, relatives
- Timelines: why they matter
- Sibling placement considerations
- Conflicts of interest when representing a sibling group
- CDSS Regulations
- Guardianship and adoption planning
- Trauma informed advocacy
- JV-290 Caregiver Report Form, De facto Parent Status, JV-295, JV-296 and Prospective Adoptive Parent Status, JV-321
The Flow of Information to the Juvenile Court: Who Can Weigh In?
- The County Social Worker report
- CASA report
- The Foster Family Agency report
- Relative report
- Caregiver report
Caregiver Report Forms, a Critical Connection: When, Why & How
- Sample juvenile court form JV-290
- Streamlined filing and serving
DeFacto Parent Status: When, Why & How
- Sample juvenile court forms JV-295, JV- 296, JV-297
Request to Change Court Order (JV-180)
- Sample juvenile court form JV-180
- When is it appropriate?
- What information is necessary to support a request?
Prospective Adoptive Parent Status Designation Request Form (JV- 321)
- Who qualifies for Prospective Adoptive Parent?
- Departmental procedures & notice required BEFORE a change of placement
Improving Advocacy, Access, and Accountability
For further information, or to schedule a training, please contact us.