Job Title: Marketing Intern
Internship Length: 1 semester
Hours Per Week: 12-16
Population: Foster children and children at risk of entering foster care
Focus: Marketing and fundraising development
Setting: Advokids’ office
Advokids is a nonprofit organization in Corte Madera, CA providing legal guidance and support to California foster parents, relative caregivers, and anyone else advocating for a foster child. Advokids operates the only free telephone hotline for foster child advocates in California and maintains a comprehensive, educational website that provides tools, court forms, and information to encourage and empower anyone concerned about a child in foster care or a child at risk of entering foster care.
Advokids is looking for a student to assist with our marketing needs and endeavors. We are looking for someone who is data focused and systematic. Our services are free, which means that our marketing focuses are on reaching a larger donor base and compelling the clients we serve to support our programs. The marketing intern will become proficient with Salesforce, will work closely with our program manager to mature marketing strategies, and will assist with fundraising campaigns.
- Assist in creating a data driven donor nurturing program
- Develop timelines and strategies for targeting and nurturing one-time donors and clients who access our services to turn them into recurring donors
- Utilizing data in our Salesforce database, to create successful drip campaigns and donor pipelines
- Use insights from social medias to create content calendars our followers will interact with
- Assist with our peer to peer fundraising campaign to identify and target new donors
- 4th or 5th year undergraduate student or postgraduate student
- Communications, Media or Business major
- Web or print media experience
- Must be comfortable working with/organizing large amounts of data
- Excellent research skills. We rely on your own abilities to make effort to research and answer your own questions especially regarding new software or best practice strategies
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.