Skip to content

Accessing Your Juvenile Case File

You do not need a court order if you are a current or former foster youth and want to access your own case file.  However, sometimes you will run into difficulty at the court clerk's office.  We suggest printing out a copy of Welfare and Institutions Code § 827(a)(1)(C) and California Rule of Court 5.552 and showing the clerk if s/he denies your request to see your case file.

If the clerk insists on seeing a court order before providing you access to your file, fill out and file the following (you will have to serve the parties by first class mail or personal service):

If you still have trouble accessing your case file after following the above suggestions, please call Advokids, 415-924-0587


5643 Paradise Drive, Suite 12B, Corte Madera, CA 94925  •  415.924.0587

11833 Mississippi Ave. 1st floor, Los Angeles, CA 90025


Copyright 2017 All Rights Reserved | Advokids:  A Legal Resource for California Foster Children and Their Advocates
Scroll To Top