Kids’ Emergency Essentials Pack
Advokids’ Project K.E.E.P. is a local community based program serving foster children in Marin County where our Northern California office is located. We hope it will serve as a model for community volunteers throughout California and inspire community awareness about our children in foster care.
Each year in Marin County, over sixty children enter foster care for the first time and approximately fifty additional children transition from failed placements. Oftentimes, these children are removed from their home or school under crisis circumstances with no personal belongings at all.
Project K.E.E.P. provides every child entering foster care in Marin County with a new backpack filled with essential items including toiletries, clothing, school supplies and comfort items.
If you would like to start a Project K.E.E.P. in your county, please contact the Advokids office at 415.924.0587 and we would be delighted to assist you. If you would like to donate items to Project K.E.E.P., please contact Advokids’ volunteers Carol Ihlenburg and Linda Gener at 415.507.1822 or via email at [email protected]
Find us here on Facebook!
Project K.E.E.P. welcomes donations of the following new/unused items:
- High quality backpacks and diaper bags
- Teddy bears (suggestion: Gund - available at Amazon)
- Pajamas, socks and underwear (all sizes)
- Diapers (all sizes)
- School supplies (pens, pencils, paper, journals)
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss
- Hygiene Items (Shampoo, Conditioner, Deodorant, Combs/Brushes, Hair Accessories)
- Handmade, soft blankets
- Target Gift Cards ($25 increments)
Thank you for your generous support!