Assistant Program Manager
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Hours Per Week: 35
Location: Advokids’ Office, Corte Madera, CA
Advokids is a legal advocacy non-profit serving foster children in California, with a special focus on children ages 0-5. Advokids’ legal services and programs facilitate and support critical intervention on behalf of foster children and children at risk of entering foster care by improving access to the juvenile court and encouraging and facilitating system wide accountability and reform. Advokids operates the only free telephone Hotline and legal educational website for foster children and their advocates in California. Our Hotline and website provide legal tools, court forms, and information to assist and empower anyone concerned about a foster child's health, safety or socio-emotional development. We serve over 1,000 individual children annually and are deeply committed to policy reform and systemic change to improve the lives of all children who are in foster care or at risk entering care in California.
Position:Assistant Program Manager to handle sensitive Hotline intake calls, SalesForce integrated filing system, and general administrative duties including donation management, marketing and fundraising support.
- General office administration and management, including telephone reception and document production
- Hotline client intake, delegation, and liaison to Hotline attorney and social work staff
- Salesforce data entry, reporting, and maintenance
- Data gathering, surveys and analysis
- Assist the Program Manager with marketing and fundraising throughout the year.
- Assist the Program Manager with hospitality and event management including legal trainings and fundraisers
- Plan and execute a monthly social media calendar (Facebook).
- Bachelor's degree or graduate degree
- Passion for children and juvenile justice
- Excellent phone skills, professional and compassionate
- A team player willing to assist in all areas as needed
- 2+ years office experience
- Personal or professional experience with the foster care system
- Non-profit background, legal, hotline, or other human services experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Google Drive, Adobe Professional, Salesforce
- Proficiency in various modes of social media
- A self starter with the ability to organize, coordinate, and prioritize work
- Eager to learn new software and IT independently
Be an Advokids Intern!
Advokids is seeking a marketing intern, a legal intern, and a psychology intern. This is a great opportunity for students interested in the juvenile dependency system, foster child advocacy, and infant and child development and mental health.
As an intern, you will work with Advokids’ expert child welfare legal, social work and programmatic staff to serve abused and neglected children whose rights may not be adequately represented in our legal system. As an intern, you will receive training, supervision, and support.
For more information please call 415.924.0587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.